Thursday, December 4, 2008

The ups and downs of Latin

I am glad I decided to take Latin instead of the other languages I was considering. Although it is a "Dead" Language, I feel that it is the most useful for me, as I am an English major and interested in the classics. For students intending to make a living in public relations or business, however, I can see the benefit of taking Spanish or French.
I did not particularly care for the online Labs, simply because I am somewhat forgetful and feel as though I was penalized for missing a lab when it was sometimes unclear when it was due, when it was available, or the like. More than once, I simply forgot about the lab. Perhaps this could be made a little more forgiving by making a notification send to all the students automatically the day before the lab closes?
Overall, the teacher was helpful and personable, and the class was enjoyable. I will be taking Latin II in the spring.

1 comment:

E Pluribus Unum said...

Oh, sorry - I see now that I forgot to include my name. Daniel Grenier