Tuesday, December 2, 2008

GPA Please Forgive Me!

So…whenever any of my mom’s friends asked what I was taking this semester at college they all seemed in awe of the fact that I am taking Latin. Personally I wasn’t that excited about having to study a langue again. For one I’m really bad at it. I just don’t have the discipline of constantly memorizing and maneuver my brain into the thinking patterns of another language. But since I had to I’m very glad I chose Latin. Not only can I now understand many of the spells in Harry Potter, but I’ve begun to learn a little more about the Roman culture and the way they thought through their use of language. So despite the fact that I was upset about having to take another language ( I’ve already braved Spanish I and took a blow to my GPA once) it has kept my interest and I’m less than hesitant to continue on. So good luck everyone on your finals, for those of us who have to take it, and hope to see some of you next semester.

-Morgan Vollmer-

1 comment:

E Pluribus Unum said...

Morgan,

Thank you for your post---but please explain: why did Spanish not satisfy your language requirement? This is crazy! Did you take two semesters or am I missing something here?

In any case, I am so GLAD that Latin won you over!

EM