Thursday, December 4, 2008

Latin experience

Latin has always been an interesting language and something that I have always thought would be fun and useful to learn. Many languages derive from the Latin language, I speak both Spanish and English and it was fun to see how I could distinguish root words from both languages. Throughout the semester whenever I would see Latin in movies, tv, or books it was enjoyable to be able to translate most of the words and see if they were declined right or not. I even helped some friends get their grammar correct for tattoos they wanted to get. Im a science major and some medical terminology has latin roots and words and this class helped me in learning some of those roots and words. I also was at first interested in Latin class because I want to get a Latin word tattoo and wanted to make sure I had the right grammar. I also wanted to learn new words that I could consider using but as I thought about it Latin become more interesting as it is something that can be useful in the future and its always nice when you know something most people dont.
- Juan Guerrero

No comments: