Thursday, December 4, 2008

Latin 1

I have to say that as far as learning another language goes, I actually enjoyed Latin. I'm a history major with a focus on the Roman withdrawal from Britain, so I figured what better way to research than in primary texts? I also signed up for Latin because I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to speaking in front of groups and as that was the way my first language class (French 1) tested, well, I figured I'd be better off with a dead language. The other great thing about the "dead language" status is that it makes it all but impossible to teach the class Immersion style, which I also had big problems with.
Because of my Major and focus I'm actually now looking to minor, if not dual-major in Classics. I loved all the little stories that we translated.

~Cassandra Stewart

No comments: