Wednesday, September 5, 2007

So... I'm graduating in December (::crosses fingers::), and because of that, I'm kicking the can around about what to do after that... (other than Latin 4 in the Spring as a non-degree seeking student and finding a job, any job, so I can make at least a little money...)

I've come to the tentative conclusion that despite my getting a BA in History, I don't possess the... ::searches for a nice way to say it::... correct character to be a Professional Historian... I have family in archaeology and education and law... nothing is really grabbing me right now though... nothing is saying, "Rachael! Do this!" So I'm still thinking, grad school? But studying what?

I noticed looking through the USF Graduate Catalog that there is a MA program in Classics, but that it is technically done through the University of Florida... It has piqued my interest... Methinks, I need to find out more about what this program entails.


~Rachael

5 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

(>>>in a spooky voice>>>) Come here, my preciousssss! Glimpse into our MAT Latin program!

(>>>in a Jeff Foxworthy voice>>>)

If you sit through Latin I again 'for fun,' you might be a Latin teacher.

If you checked the Latin blog more than once a week over the summer, and posted great stuff on the Roman world, you might be a Latin teacher.

If you wish to tutor students in Latin I for free, you might be a Latin teacher.

If you have aced almost every single quiz and test in Latin I& II, you might be a Latin teacher.


I rest my case!! Come see me when you want, and we can talk more about this. Soon now,

EM.

RaeS said...

LOL! You know, Professor, you might be right! And don't think I haven't been considering that because I have... The school that my younger siblings attend in North Carolina is desperately looking for a latin teacher who is willing to work for almost nothing... It's a definite possibility...

RaeS said...

The subjunctives are still kicking my butt though...

E Pluribus Unum said...

ah, those subjunctives...

Gotta love how they sneak up on you in the third volume!

Latin I is so innocent:

Flaccus est colonus bonus.

(>'The way we were' playing in the background....)

E.

RaeS said...

LOL! Seriously!

"...the way we were..."