Wednesday, September 5, 2007

passives

I finally figured out to sign into this bloggy-thingie (again!) and hopefully this posts for me. Well my question is a sorta question/sorta request...is there some kind of resource that was like the exercise we did in class today, where we took the active form of the verb, made it passive, then translated both sides? That kind of exercise would help me in understanding the difference between the two, cause the passive still is messing me up...in forming and in translatng...but if I keep practicing it should help (hopefully!). But now, I need to fight with my DVD player cause it's telling me no on the whole playing a DVD thing...stupid technology!
Stacy

(p.s. I totally wanna post this in webdings, but I'll spare the confusion and irritation!)

2 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

What on earth are weblings???

(Clearly I need to step up my tech game....)

Also, do sign your name on the post to start getting your extra credit! This is exactly the purpose of the blog, to put questions and problems out there so that I can steer our clasroom work accordingly! I prepared a practice sheet for those active and passive subjunctives, which we will go over in class later today. It's hard, I know, but as I said in class, did you ever imagine the day that you would be comfortable with the active indicative in all 6 tenses?!! Soon now,

EM.

E Pluribus Unum said...

I did leave my name, Stacy...I'm now the only Stacy in class...it's so weird! Thank you for the practice sheet...it's those kind of things i need but can't think up on my own!
and webdings are are a font that's made up completely of little pictures...it's always fun to try and puzzle them out.
Stacy