Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hey y'all!

I won't be in class tomorrow - Thursday, September 13 - because it's Rosh Hashanah and I'll be in synagogue all day... So, if someone wouldn't mind posting what the Latin 3 homework on here sometime this weekend, I'd be so thankful.

I feel like I'm teetering on the precipice with the subjunctives and the passive voice... The deponents, believe it or not, seem to be helping a bit with the passives... I know that they don't translate passively, but they are formed like passives, so it's helping (and I'm oh-so glad that I don't have to try to learn even more suffixes right now! Can't tell you just how glad that makes me!). That just leaves all the subjunctives (I know I did disastrously on Wednesday's quiz. I was blanking completely, despite having an easier time with the homework... and I realized just too late that I had switched the endings of the future and the pluperfect around. D'oh!)...

This brings me back to my precipice metaphor. Not teetering in a bad way, but in a good way. I've *almost* got this. I know I have. I just don't know what's going to push me off the edge into total enlightenment yet. I have more questions about them that just might help... but it's nothing that can't wait until tomorrow afternoon when I can actually think about it and make sure I don't already know the answer.

~Rachael

1 comment:

E Pluribus Unum said...

Raechel,

It's getting there, with the subjunctives. I can see it in class more and more every day, that they are finally sinking in. Print out those old tests and practice practice practice. The breather of the ablative absolute is much needed! And OF COURSE you can come to the office after 3 to go over stuff together. Or e-mail, blog, call at the office and leave me a message!

E.