Friday, July 13, 2007

reunion, etc...

I was so happy to get to see you all today at the reunion... I hope next time we can coordinate it so that even more people can come. Next time, Prof. M, please bring photos of Greece! ;D I want to see what you did on your summer vacation too!

Here's a link to my photobucket, which contains all my photos, if anyone is interested. There are more clearly labeled photos there of people and places... more pictures of the Burough and of family, as well as actual pictures of the farm my parents have bought in Virginia.

Or perhaps, just embedding slideshows here would be easier... Sorry, I can seem to get them set up so that they won't play on continuous loop...

My cats...


The farm in Bassett, Virginia...


The Burough in Sumter, South Carolina... The only other place on the web that there is significant information about the property is at the National Registry of Historic Places, here.


Some of my family (most of the photos taken at various places in Virginia and South Carolina)...



~Rachael

2 comments:

double rainbow said...

Rachael,

Your slides are wonderful---how can you do it all, girl? Photographer,computer buff, knitter, painter, activist, cat-lover, and brilliant Latinist??!

I was so happy to see you all today, and yes, we will definitely do it again and will plan it better (at least we will all agree to a place before hand!). As I was driving back home, I was blown away again thinking back to all the things that you guys know, experience, and share with me--from pine plantations of the 19th century to manufacturing ice cream to anthroposophy to British rap, I feel I am getting an education from you---and free, a much better deal than yours...(hang in there; remember the plan for when I will be a millionaire: no student of mine works!!!)

Rachael, I do have pix from the holidays, but I completely forgot today; next time you come to the office remind me and I will show you. Btw, you have to tell me again what camera you used for these. I cannot believe the colors.

So let us see each other soon again!

QDBV (=Quod Deus Bene Vertat)

E Pluribus Unum said...

LOL! Thank you! Well, the slides are pretty easy. Just upload, write captions and go...

I will remember to ask you about your photos the next time I see you...

The camera that I use is a Canon AE-1 or a Canon AE-1 Program - both 35 mm film cameras. I'm not sure which one I was using at the time I took these photos... My mom got the AE-1 in the late 70s and the other we got used a few years ago, but I think it was originally made in the mid-80s. I think, however, that it isn't so much the camera (although, since it is a professional-type, and not a point-and-shoot, it does help) as it is the film. I use Kodak Max "High Definition" 35 mm color film. It's one of their newer films and I've noticed since I started using it that the color and resolution of the photos are so much better than with regular Kodak Max. The black and white photos were all taken with Kodak TX400 film, which isn't very common anymore, but I know how to process and print it myself when I have access to the chemicals (which isn't often), so I prefer it over other kinds.