Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Long time, no post --- Greetings new students!

Hey, guess who is not dead? This girl!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic summer. I have been reading the blog, but I have been super lazy when it comes to replying to anything or making any sort of a post. With today being the 4th of July, I don't have work or school, so I figured making a post would be a great reason to take a break from laundry.

The other night, like the loser I am, I decided to organize my things from past semesters. I save a lot of work from school and for the past two semesters, everything just sat in a dusty pile on top of a bookshelf. I have no idea what got me into the kick of going through it all, but I did. I saved all my tests from Latin 1 and 2, along with the textbooks and most of my notecards. Maybe when I get another kick into me, I'll go through the notecards to see how much vocabulary I've retained. :)

Dr. M., I can't imagine taking Latin 2 during a summer semester! To you brave souls who are taking on this challenge, I congratulate you! You all have chosen the best professor to endure such a quick semester. Along with Rachael, I agree that you should post on the blog. A few other helpful tips: Make friends in the class and have study groups, ask Dr. M. ANYTHING and she will help you without hesitation... and do your translations! They really are beneficial (especially come test time). And have fun! For those of us who took back to back semesters with Dr. M, we really had a good time because we made it fun for the class and for Dr. M.

Um, yeah, don't know what else to say. I'm still game for a reunion. Fridays and Sundays are the best days for me (no work or school on those days). I'll try to make myself more of a presense around here. And to you new students, feel free to ask questions. Hopefully some of us veterans can help you (if anything, it'll give us a good opportunity to see how much we remember).

Have a safe 4th of July everyone!

Olivia H.

2 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

Olivia---

It's wonderful to hear from you girl! How is Richie? And married life?!Talk about bravery: YOU are the one who needs to be congratulated!! E-mail me and come by the office when you want (M-R 10-12.30 pm I teach, but before and after is good). Whom (=Acc.) do you still see?

And thank you for all the good words you say about the class! Stop now, because the newbies will thing I paid you or something!!!

Much love--see you soon!

RaeS said...

Yay, you're not dead! Hey, Olivia! ;D