Friday, July 6, 2007

Hey all!

Now that I found the username and password which had been lost somewhere in my inbox, I can make a proper post!

Welcome to the new Latin students! I hope you're enjoying Latin as much as I do... Don't be intimidated by all us old students who still post on the blog. Really... Just jump right in! Questions, things you've found interesting/difficult/annoying/fun about the class so far, things you've found on the web, just something to introduce yourselves... really, post anything!

Note to Prof. M and all the old Latin students: I'll still be free for a reunion in the afternoon on Friday, July 13th if others are up for that... say, lunchtime at Bennigans on Fowler?

Also, I have a link to share... not Latin related, but cat related, so I don't think Prof. M will object. Be careful if you're drinking or eating when you open this link because some of the images are pretty funny... I don't want anyone to choke... The site was sent to me by my cat-loving aunt... I Can Has Cheezburger Dot Com.

On a similar note: I got two new kitties recently... They are rescued strays from the county pound.

Blossom:

Frodo:

I also wanted to post a proper link to the Project Laundry List Newsletter with the articles I wrote: Hanging Out, Summer 2007 issue. In case you're wondering, PLL is a non-profit "organization which aims to demonstrate that personal choices can make a difference for the Earth and its people. Our focus is on North America's over-dependence on nuclear power and other unsustainable forms of energy." In short, PLL is "changing the world through clotheslines–one household at a time." For the main site, go here. You can also sign up to receive the newsletter by entering your e-mail in the field at the top right-hand side of the page. The people who run the site and the newsletter are always looking for newsletter submissions of all sorts - childhood stories about hanging out laundry, opinions relating to laundry issues, laundry tips, letters-to-the-editor, etc. See the newsletter page for details. I'll be writing again for the Fall issue too... really looking forward to that...

Okay, this is long enough... iubeo vos valere! (Did I remember that right, Professor? It's been a long two months...)
~Rachael

2 comments:

Olivia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olivia said...

The 13th is good for me. :)

And no joke, I just discovered I Can Has Cheezburger Dot Com yesterday. On Livejournal, I'm a member of the cat macros community and I roll with laughter every time I see a good macro.

Back to reading for class...

Olivia