Monday, April 2, 2007



OK, so I'll admit it. One of my favorite TV shows is The Golden Girls. I love those ladies (especially Sophia)! I turned on my TV this morning while getting ready and saw that the show was on, so obviously I tuned it. The episode featured how Blanche didn't have a date on a Saturday night, then Dorothy convinces her to curl up with a good book to keep her content on a Saturday night (insert a witty comment from Sophia here). So Dorothy takes Blanche to the library, where Blanche thinks it will be a great place to "pick up men." When they enter the library, Blanche looks around and goes, "I love the library. There are so many books," to which Dorothy replies, "Yes, it comes from the Latin 'librarius' meaning 'so many books.'" I have seen every episode of that series at least 10 times each, but when I heard that this morning, it had a whole new meaning. :)

- Olivia

5 comments:

Primus said...

I love that episode, especially when Blanche meets that guy who is reading a book, flirts with him and looks at the title of his book: 'Females to Fondle---you naughty boy!'. And he replies 'it's the encyclopedia.'

Priceless!

Yes, I do know all episodes by heart; and when I grow up here in Florida, I will be Dorothy, cuz I completely identify!

Olivia said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows all the episodes by heart. I want to be Sophia when I'm older... to have that wit at such a mature age.

E Pluribus Unum said...

I watch golden girls at 9am on lifetime every weekday...and usually when I go to sleep. no joke. don't tell anyone.
Stacey Bedard

E Pluribus Unum said...

is it still on at 11 pm? used 2 b when I was a grad, that's when I first saw it and loved it.

Another favorite vignette: the girls go to the gym and the instructor tries to push on them new fancy gym equippment. So she asks them to get leg warmers, saying 'what do you use to keep your thighs warm?" and Dorothy goes in this deadpan expression 'Friction. That's why why are here'---I still laugh every time I remember this!

Olivia said...

Yes! The friction episode!

And I love Sophia's stories. "Picture it. Sicily, 1912..."