Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My last posting on here talked about my "brilliant" expository writing class. I have another little anecdote from that class that surprisingly relates to Latin. Today we were going over different types of styles in writing. We have a 15-20 page paper due next week, and most of the class still doesn't understand what has to be turned in (we are in college, right?). Anyways, the professor used "Veni, Vidi, Vici" as an example of a style (heck if I remember it though). One person asked if that phrases was Italian, while another person asked if it was Spanish. I'll forgive the Italian comment, but Spanish? It hurts sometimes, it really does.

I'm going back to studying for a test tomorrow. Expect a zombie to have taken over my body tomorrow in class.

Olivia H.

P.S. - And while this has nothing to do with Latin, I can't stop laughing about this. Only in my hometown does this nonsense happen. Seriously.

2 comments:

RaeS said...

To your PS - Wow! :-O

Olivia said...

And that is why I got out of that town... because people are freakin' nuts!