Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Boho's and Mexican food...good mix

So Mia, Racheal and I are studying Latin at Tijuana Flats... going on 4 hours. I am so overwhelmed with all of the tenses..eeeeek!! I'm glad we are having a test Thursday because it's going to force me to study in advance for the final. Plus the extra test grade will be nice. INDEED.
My other classes are so demanding at this point in time. I'm constantly on my laptop trying to finish papers...ugh. I just sent in my article for my internship and the word on the street is it may be published with my name on it (for once...grrr). *crosses fingers*

Today during my Narration and Description class my very odd teacher decided to explain where the word omniscient came from, so here it goes...
OMNI- all
SCIENT- knowing everything
Mia and I had to laugh a little because although he was on the right track he butchered the translation...lol

PEACE :)

**STACEY BEDARD**

2 comments:

RaeS said...

Actually, now that I see it written out, I can see how it kind of does mean that... "scientia" is "wisdom" in Latin, so... I guess "all wisdom" would have been a closer translation...

E Pluribus Unum said...

ha!

omni: all
scient< from sciens, scientis, active participle of scio, to know

sooooooooo

omni-scient= all knowing

It's pretty simple if you know your grammar!

xoxo