Sunday, April 1, 2007

Found Latin roots!!

Hey guys so at church today our pastor was going over Hebrews Ch.11- where it defines faith, and he explained the Greek roots of "substance." Then I thought (of course this was after the sermon, lol! sorry okay? my mind wanders sometimes, lol!) wait a second! BRAIN BLAST! sub- meaning under, and stance from stare- to stand. So what are you standing on? That is where it came from- substance- the thing you "stand on."
Is this even rght? lol...
Peace!

Jeremy Y

2 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

Jeremy,

Perfect---a Latinist and a spiritualist, what a great combo! I am telling you, nothing like mass in Italian/Latin in Rome. If I wasn't afraid of my dad's wrath, I would convert into Catholicism in a heartbeat!

E Pluribus Unum said...

HAHAH!! Ms.E! you are hilarious!! HAHAHAHA!!