Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The test wasn't too bad today, right? I think I messed up a bit on the verbs, but I felt overall confident. I hope that doesn't jinx me and requires me to open my mouth and insert my foot. :) That extra credit though.... woo! Talk about a challenge. But overall, nice test Professor M.

I loved chapter 26 with the line, "et tu, Brute?" Back when I first registered for Latin I, I told my dad that I was going to take Latin and the first thing he said to me was, "Oh! Et tu, Brute?" And I think he repeats that to me every time I mention Latin in a conversation. Yeah, my dad is a nerd... but even he has taught me a little bit of Greek. Professor M., can you say something to us in Greek sometime? It sounds so nice when spoken (what foreign language doesn't, right?).

Olivia H.

5 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

Olivia--

No, the test wasn't bad, and from what I have seen, you guys did well. As for memorable Latin phrases, I got like a thousand favorites, but 'et tu' is among the top three: my # 2 is 'Veni Vidi Vici' and # 1 is 'Semper Fidelis,' which was on the coat of arms of a British family in the 16th century, before it got coopted by the American marines. Latin rules!

RaeS said...

Latin totally rules! I'm signing up for Latin 3! Who's with me?

E Pluribus Unum said...

ha! ask that question *after* this final exam...from the thousands and thousands, only 300 chosen ones will remain, the cream of the crop (ok, I will get it out of my system by next week, I promise...)

EM.

Olivia said...

I wish I had the courage to take Latin 3... maybe I will learn through you in the fall, Rachael. :)

Oh, and I love "Veni, Vidi, Vici." I also like when people use "ad nauseam," so long as that don't use it ad nauseam, ha.

RaeS said...

"LOL!" to both of you!

And I hope you do, Olivia. And I suppose you can always buy the textbook and try to learn it on your own...