Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring break is almost over. I hope everyone enjoyed their break; I sure did. :)

My fiance and I went up to north Georgia to visit his parents who just move up there (to a beautiful house in the mountains!). During the entire time, I had never heard the word (and I hate to call it that) "y'all" so much. It was confronting because I use that often, but it made me laugh to think of Professor M. using that in class when we conjugate the second person plural of a verb. It was a nice little reminder of the Latin homework I had waiting for me when we finally came back to Florida.

Speaking of which, I was working on the translation and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what "eo ipso tempore" means (p. 67, line 9-10). I know it's in the ablative, but I guess I'm not putting it together properly. Any advice? Thanks, and see you all tomorrow!

Olivia H.

3 comments:

RaeS said...

I translated that as "at this time" or "at that time" but I wasn't totally sure...

Primus said...

...

Primus said...

it means 'in that same time' (simultaneously)

Missed y' all!