Saturday, April 11, 2009

Latin...

So I have waited a long time to finally post in here. I must say that being in Latin 2 has allowed me to see just how much Latin I have managed to remember. This class seems very easy and even more interesting now that I am able to accurately translate things. An interesting thing happened to me recently. My mother had a friend from Greece come visit us a few weeks ago and she brought a book written in Latin to read on the plane. (I don't think I could ever read and translate a book in Latin as a past-time). Anyways, I was very happy to discover that I could somewhat translate some of the words in the book! Latin has opened new doors for me and who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to translate an entire book written in Latin!

-Ingrid Morales

No comments: