Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Family Emergency

I just found out that my biological mother (long story, short version is that I was adopted as an infant and am now really close to all of my parents, biological and adoptive) was taken to the hospital a little while ago. We don't know what's wrong yet other than she's hemorrhaging. I'm freaking out a little... which will probably pretty soon turn into a lot... so I might not be in class and even if I am, I probably will need to leave my cell on and sit near the door, in case there's any news because she and her husband don't have cell phones and when they call, if they aren't at home, it's impossible to call them back. I would have just e-mailed Professor M, but then I couldn't find her e-mail address just now, so...

~Rachael

Addendum at 3:08pm: It's a good thing I wasn't in class today because she called at 2:10pm and we talked for almost an hour about how she's doing. She's okay. The doctor thinks she might have had a miscarriage. They're waiting to get test results back to know for sure. Very scary. She thought she was going to die. But she's okay. Next week, she's going to have to have surgery, but the doctor said after that, she'll be fine.

Addendum, The Second, at 5:55pm: I just found out that class was cancelled today from Julie. I hope everything is alright.

2 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

Rachael, I am sorry I didn't see this earlier; I have been swamped, as you know. I hope all is well now. Please keep me posted.

E Pluribus Unum said...

That's alright, professor. I saw her this weekend. She's doing as well as can be expected, considering. She went in for more testing on Monday and will have surgery in a few days.