Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Little Roman

Latin as a class may be over for me now, but I wanted to share my son's shared love for the ancient Roman world.

He recently requested that he get a "Caesar" haircut and wanted me to take pictures of him in a "toga":


This was partially due to our recently having read a book about Pompeii from his favorite book series The Magic Tree House. In the book the two heroes, Jack and his little sister Annie, are tasked with rescuing a scroll of Roman mythology from the city before it is covered in ash by the explosion of Vesuvius:


So watch out, Dr. Manolaraki; you just might be seeing my little guy in your Beginning Latin class in about, oh, 13 years or so. :)

3 comments:

Sara C. said...

And obviously, that post was by me, Sara C. :)

E Pluribus Unum said...

Sara,

I love your parvum puerum Romanum! And yes, I will keep my eyes peeled for him in a little more than a decade (gasp! I will be 47 then!)I can hardly believe that our semester is over, time seems to have done its telescopic thing again... One moment I was telling you about the perfect, next minute you are out the door...I never get over the sting of that last day, and I pray I never lose it. See you soon again, I hope,

EM.

RaeS said...

He is so adorable, Sara! Thanks for sharing that...