Friday, February 29, 2008

On a brighter note...

I found this site called FreeRice.com

you can play a vocabulary game and for every word you get correct, the charity will donate 20 grains of rice to people without food. That might not sound like much, but they add up. In the last 15 minutes, I've racked up 1480 grains. And Latin has helped me so much in getting more of these correct! Such as ululate. I seem to remember a verb or something from somewhere in Livy that ululate is derived from. :D

In other news, completely unrelated to Latin, my sister sent me pictures of my niece today, and she's so epically cute, I just have to share:



~Rachael

6 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

I love freerice.com! It has helped me SOOO much in preparing for the GRE and simultaneously I am helping people.

Your niece is adorable!

-Anne

RaeS said...

:D Thank you!

Yeah, I think I've become addicted to freerice.com now...

E Pluribus Unum said...

I loved free rice! I just donated 1,000 rice seeds without missing a single word---the power of Latin is unbelievable.

Thank you Rachael for turning us on to the site!

EM.

RaeS said...

:D You're most welcome, professor!

Sara C. said...

Thanks for sharing that link! It was a fun and yet educational way for me to further procrastinate on one of my papers for another class (alas, I think I picked the wrong major).

And your niece is positively precious! :)

RaeS said...

Thank you, Sara! And you're welcome for the link! ;D