Sunday, February 24, 2008

Vampires + Rome = Sara Heaven

I wanted to share this earlier, but with my little guy being sick, I was postponed for a while.

I have a confession which will probably gain me even more social embarassment than I've already accrued...

I run and play LARP games, such as White Wolf's Vampire the Requiem, and one of my favorite players recently gifted me with a copy of Requiem for Rome, a setting for the roleplaying game in Ancient Rome!!!



I have only just started reading it and I am in love! Vampire the Requiem (V:tR)integrates the gaming world into actual historical events, so it has a straight up Roman history section complete with little asides of how things in the Empire affected Vampire society. And I can gleefully state that the authors of this text appear to have been students of Latin, as they have provided some appropriate declensions for their glossary of terms for game play!

/\v/\ Sara C. /\v/\

3 comments:

Sara C. said...

Oh, it would be after I finished posting that I finally found the quote I was looking for from the book:

"The grandeur that was Rome was an abattoir erected on a mass grave."

E Pluribus Unum said...

Ha!!! This is fantastic! Anne Rice meets Robert Harris! Sarah, I was looking for my next book, and I think I might try this one, it sounds fascinating...

EM.

RaeS said...

LOL! That is very cool, Sara!