Sunday, February 24, 2008

Olivia the Pig

No longer am I just a stalker! I shall partake in the Latin Experience. *waves*

Anyways, onto my story. I went to Barnes and Noble today and of course had to take a look at the Latin section. Which, when there, I spotted a children's book amongst the reference material. I pulled it out and read the title: Olivia The Essential Latin Edition. Confused, I opened it and was delighted to see the entire story of Olivia the Pig done in Latin. So amazed by the book, I stood there and read it then had to buy it.

The book is dedicated to the memory of Amy High who taught an elementary Latin program in Virginia (Time magazine did a piece on the program). I can't imagine learning Latin in elementary school. Long division was hard enough. For more information on Amy High go to www.AmyHigh.org

Shannon

4 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

Shannon!

Wonderful to read you---and thank you for lending me Olivia. My personal favorite is her at the museum looking at a Jackson Pollock:

Sed est una pictura quam Olivia non intellegit.

"Ego momento temporis illud facere possem," matri declarat.

That pretty much sums it up for me too when it comes to his paintings!!

E Pluribus Unum said...

Beware Shannon... this is a cult.

Just kidding! It's about time you posted!

Anne

RaeS said...

LOL! That's great, Shannon!

Welcome to the party!

Sara C. said...

That is absolutely fabulous news! I have acually just ordered a copy on Amazon for my little boy (he's a huge fan of the Olivia series).

Thanks for the heads up!