Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Yes, I missed class today. Whatever is going around may be getting to me, so I figured I would try to stop it now. Plus, I've been exhausted the past few days and decided to take a break and get some rest. Anyone care to share what the homework was, aside from probably working on the study guide for the test?

However, I'm not doing nothing while at home. I'm trying to get caught up on some classwork. I was working on an assignment for my professional writing class and was reading a website presentation when I came across this page: click here. I have been interested in website design since high school, so I have seen tutorials and things like this many times with that same Latin text in those tutorials. I decided to see if I could find out why that Latin text is constantly used and behold! Check this out. It provides the history of that Latin text, along with why web designers use it when testing out their designs. Cool huh?

Olivia H.

2 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

Olivia, this is inegnious...I have been seeing Lorem Ipsum as a logo for years, and I have always wondered why I simply couldn't translate it!

Do the English to Latin from Ch. 21 for tomorrow.

Olivia said...

Thank you. :)