Saturday, February 17, 2007

It was bound to happen...

Eventually, I had to find a way to merge my crafty side with my love for Latin... ;D Here's what I came up with...



It's a wooden sign for my parents' new farm in the Blue Ridge of Virginia. It'll either go outside on the back porch or over the front door. Haven't decided yet. Of course, the house hasn't even been built yet, so I'm not sure exactly where it will end up... And I might antique it, but I haven't made up my mind about that yet. It says, "Behold, everything is green." And then in smaller letters: "The meadows and the fields and the woods and the groves." Thought it quite appropriate for a farm...

~ Rachael

3 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

Rachael, this is excellent---It looks like something straight out of Pompeii! Great job, wish I was a little artistic too (maybe not, cuz I would get carried away and my entire appartment would look like a graffitti wall. My favorite graffitti from Pompeii:

CAVE CANEM

SALVE LUCRUM

BENE LAVA

See you all soon,

EM

RaeS said...

Thank you, Prof. M!

I should probably be able to figure out that latin graffitti, but it's not coming to me...

E Pluribus Unum said...

No, it's cool, we just haven't learned these verbs probably:

Beware of the Dog (entry to house)

Hello Profit (same)

Wash Well (public bath)