Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Roman Empire

This week I had a very humbling thought. With the state of our country and the tension world wide between other countries and the United States, I wondered how long the US will be around. I would like to think that the United states will be around forever, but who really knows how long this great country will last? I then thought about the Roman Empire and how it was the greatest empire of it's time and possibly the greatest empire of all time, and it too came to and end. Granted the Roman empire lasted for the better part of 1200 years but it to came to an end. But I thought of how the US has been around for only about 200 years and has already been involved in multiple wars. I can't help but wonder will this nation last for a long time like the roman empire, will it be recognizable in 1200 years, or will it come to an end long before that time?

Nathan Watts

No comments: