Saturday, May 2, 2009

Latin II.

I was a little nervous coming into this semester, however my fears eventually subsided. I feel this semester was a lot more intense than latin 1. There were so many new verb tenses, and I definitely didn't think we would get up to 5 noun declensions! It just seems crazy to sit here and realize how much we really learned this semester. This class has really made me feel very accomplished. I've taken a few spanish classes before, but none of them felt quite as rewarding as Latin. I have definitely picked up a great deal of appreciation for language. I also feel as if Latin has allowed me to have a different way of thinking. The way their culture is shaped is so different from ours. It's been really neat to read the little passages in our books and obtain such a unique way of thinking. I'm not certain whether I'm going into Latin III yet or not, but I really do enjoy latin.

Alyssa Rigolo

No comments: