Thursday, January 31, 2008

I should TOTALLY be studying

Ok, so I should TOTALLY be studying right now as the title of this post says but I've reached that point that I like to call "avoidance". It's when you know you should be doing something but you find yourself doing all sorts of random things to avoid doing that one thing... in this case it's Seneca... sorry Dr. M! Anyway as Rachael always posts on her favorite show Supernatural, I am going to post some of my favorite things for you all.
Favorite painting of all time: Have any of you seen this?

Fav pic of the moment:


Have a good weekend!

7 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

BTW, its Anne.

RaeS said...

Wow! That's an intense painting! Is is biblical?

And the lighting in the photo - OMG! Gorgeous! I think I have to save a copy of that one myself.

And yay!! I'm glad you posted some of your favorite things! Do that again sometime, please!

I'll probably be posting the clips with Latin in them from this last week's Supernatural episode sometime this weekend. There was a lot in the evil spells the witches were using. But it sounded like the witches were trying to make Latin sound more exotic than it already is by rolling the Rs like in Spanish and doing other funky things.

E Pluribus Unum said...

yeah, it is a biblical story (as where a lot of the paintings from the renaissance period) it's called Judith beheading Halofernes and this one's painted by a woman!

I did not see last week's Supernatural but I know what you mean when they try to make Latin all exotic sounding, they did that in this episode of Smallville.

-Anne

E Pluribus Unum said...

I love this picture of the forum...that's where my soul will go when I die... Thanks Anne!

E.

E Pluribus Unum said...

I love this picture of the forum too! When I die I think that my soul will float to the top of the Duomo in Florence and look out at the city forever.

-Anne

RaeS said...

Did they do that in Smallville? I missed that week's episode. Silly DVR didn't tape it...

E Pluribus Unum said...

Sorry Rachael I didn't mean "this" episode of smallville I meant "an" episode of smallville in either season 3 or 4. Lana gets possessed by an ancestral spirit that was a witch burned at the stake and all her spells are in Latin. It was a good episode though, Clarke looked really hot.