Sunday, December 2, 2007

because it's there...

Ha! after wondering for a semester how Rachael did it (Rachael, I know I asked you but i didn't understand your instructions and was embarassed to ask again!) I have finally done it myself! Ladies and gentleman, my first very own youtube posting!

This is not exactly Latin, but then again everything is Latin: the artist who composed this popular tango is Spanish and so are the lyrics to the original song. This song is so popular, it has its own entry in Wikipedia (so much for what I considered my own refined and rare tastes...). According to Wiki,

"It has been performed by numerous tango orchestras and lately is commonly featured in films and television not only because of its undisputed quality but also for its free copyright after Gardel and Le Pera's 50 years death. Tango scenes with "Por una Cabeza" appear in Episode 37 of Nip/Tuck, as well as in Schindler's List, Scent of a Woman [1],Delicatessen (film) [2],True Lies[3], All the King's Men (2006 film), Bad Santa, and Episode 9 of Sweet Spy (2005 Korean drama)."

I youtubed them all, and the one attached here is by far the best rendition of both the song and the dance, not to mention the actors (you got to love Al Pacino!).



1 comment:

RaeS said...

Sorry about that. I probably didn't explain it very well... ;D

But yay!! You did it!! That's a very cool song... I love that scene too...