Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Mt. Etna

I just heard on CNN that Mt. Etna erupted yesterday and the day before. The eruption flung lava about 600 ft into the air. Guess that story back in chapter 10 wasn't kidding about "mons Aetna proicit saxa in caelum." Sed nulli Cyclopes adfuerunt hoc tempus. (Did I say that right?)

I tried to send CNN's the video via e-mail to the blog, but it doesn't seem to have gone through. If you'd like to see a video of it, here's a video on You Tube and another with really great sound.


~Rachael

2 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

wow, Etna was great!

As for the Latin, almost there: I would go with the ablative hoc tempore, since you want to express 'location' within time ("at that time")

See you all Friday,

E.

RaeS said...

Ah, yes, of course! ... I can only say, it was 3 am when I was trying to figure that out.