Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Musica delenit bestiam feram (Or at least the Savage Sara)

In looking for some good background music for my Vampires in Rome game I'm finally running (I'll have to share my experiments with Roman cuisine some other time), I came across this awesome CD by a group named Synaulia:



The music is only a modern interpretation of what Ancient Roman music may have sounded like,
but it does utilize appropriate period instruments. I picked up an MP3 version of the album ($8.99!) after listening to the sound sampling on Amazon.com. I'm not only using the music for my game, I'm also listening to it while plugging away at my self-taught Latin III/IV.

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Ancient-Rome-vol-1/dp/B000QQX2AS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1221093434&sr=8-1

- Sara C. -
Resident Oddball

4 comments:

E Pluribus Unum said...

Sara!!!


Please come back, girl! Why aren't you continuing with Latin III? Did you get that job we sent letters to? How is the little Roman? Come by the office and let's catch up soon, yes? And thank you for still posting (I will listen to the music and write again).

EM.

E Pluribus Unum said...

Me again---

I just read your previous comment on and older post and realized that you actually have answered what I was asking. Yes, teaching jobs are hard to find right now, but hopefully subbing will work. May I interest you in our MAT program for Latin (Rachael, you too). You would be in a much better position to hunt jobs if you have it, and we will show you all you need to do to get certified. Just a little thought...

Still, I want to see you when you have time. My office hrs are TR at 4 pm, and I hope you show up ex machina one of these days!

EM

RaeS said...

Awesome, Sara, thanks! This is so cool! It sounds different from anything else I've ever heard. Definitely adding it to my wishlist!

Dr. M, is there an MAT program in Latin now? Because the USF College of Education literature was saying when I checked over the summer that they only have an active MAT program in Foreign Language with Spanish and French concentrations right now, even though in the official grad catalog, it says that an MAT in Latin (among a few other languages) is also offered.

E Pluribus Unum said...

Yes Rachael, there is an MAT here now! Isn't that cool? Come tomorrow at office hrs if you want and I will tell you about it.