Monday, January 19, 2009

I do hope new students will post things this semester... It's several weeks in and I see that there's only Dr. M's welcome post.

Well... I've been very busy myself. I was visiting family in Virginia and South Carolina until the day before my birthday and then the day after my birthday I came down with a terrible cold for the rest of the week. I'm only just feeling better from that, which is a very good thing because I start my substitute teacher training on Tuesday (so I will miss seeing the Inauguration live on tv, but I'm recording it on DVR; I really don't want to miss it).

Two things somewhat related to the Classics and Latin:

  1. I'm watching Gladiator on HBO at the moment. Thank you, Russell Crowe. ;D

  2. My friend Ilana is currently reading a 1918 translation of De Bello Gallico and she's finding it very amusing. She posted about it at her own blog, here, which others might find interesting/amusing as well.


~Rachael

No comments: