Thursday, November 29, 2007

People have been missing out

So, I just remembered that there was a Latin blog today and that I had never checked it out...BOY HAVE I BEEN MISSING OUT! And so is anyone else who hasn't looked into it. I went back and looked at some of the posts from like September when we started doing subjunctives. *ugh* The subjunctive chart that Dr. Manolaraki posted would have helped me SO much! Well, I guess it's better to have stumbled upon this now than never at all. But, seriously, it's an awesome blog site with so much fun Latin information---New + Old. It's good to see that there is a community of people out there who have a mutual respect for, what is in my opinion, the most difficult but rewarding language out there. I think we can all agree that there is this indescribable sense of satisfaction and accomplishment when you actually translate something difficult correctly!

-Anne L.

PS. Rachael, I had no idea how artistically talented you are. I was actually admiring the plaque in Dr. M's office today, totally unaware that you had created it. It caught my attention bc Minerva is my favorite of the ancient gods. Anyway, it's awesome. (I say awesome a lot.)

3 comments:

RaeS said...

Thank you so much, Anne! I really loved making that plaque.

And it's okay, I say awesome a lot too! ;D

~Rachael

E Pluribus Unum said...

You know what else? After reading the previous blogs, Dr. M. is really funny! I mean she's an amazingly awesome professor but her sense of humor is just so on point. Some of the things she said just cracked me up.

-Anne

RaeS said...

I know! Prof. M is all-around awesome! ;D